Infrared thermometers are an important tool for mechanics, chefs and those who needs to measure the temperature of something without physically touching the object. They can measure the temperature of objects without making any direct contact to them. If you are looking for the best infrared thermometers in UK, then this guide will help you in choosing the perfect infrared thermometer for your need.
How Infrared thermometers work
Infrared thermometers measure reflected infrared light, instead of directly measuring the temperature. Every object with a temperature above the absolute zero (i.e -273.15 degrees Celsius or 0 degrees Kelvin) radiates in the infrared from its surface. Even ice cubes, snow, and your refrigerator emit infrared. This radiation is proportional to the intrinsic temperature of that object or body. The hotter the object, the more infrared energy it emits. Many infrared thermometers are designed to measure radiation over the wavelength range 8–14μm, and these instruments are suitable for measuring temperatures in the range –50 °C to 500 °C, and sometimes higher.
An infrared thermometer consists of a detector, an optical system, and a processing unit. This radiation penetrates the atmosphere. With the help of a lens (input optics) the beams are focused on a detector element, which generates an electrical signal proportional to the radiation. The signal is amplified and, using successive digital signal processing, is transformed into an output signal proportional to the object temperature. The measuring value may be shown in a display or released as analog output signal, which supports an easy connection to control systems of the process management.
Advantages of Infrared (Non Contact) Thermometer
- IR thermometers give very fast temperature reading often in milli-seconds. This save lots of time, allowing for more measurement and accumulation of data.
- It can measure temperature of moving object.
- Measurements can be taken of very hot objects or objects which are not physically accessible.
- Measurement without inter reaction, no influence on the measuring object
- There is no risk of contamination and no mechanical effect on the surface of the object
How To Use Infrared Thermometer
The following things should be kept in mind when using an IR thermometer
- The target must be optically (infrared-optically) visible to the IR thermometer. High levels of dust or smoke make measurement less accurate. Concrete obstacles, such as a closed metallic reaction vessel, allow for only topical measurement, the inside of the container cannot be measured.
- As you increase the distance from the object, the SPOT being measured grows in diameter (the laser spot only indicates the center of the area measured). A higher D:S (Distance to Spot) ratio means you can measure smaller spots from farther away.
- With IR thermometer, only surface temperatures can be measured, with the differing emissivities of different material surfaces taken into account.
Best Non Contact Infrared Thermometers
This non contact infrared thermometer is easy to use. The thermometer turns off automatically within about 10 seconds of non use, and turns on when you pull the trigger. The display backlight has a simple on/off button, and the laser is toggle on/off as well. The build quality is impressive for this price range. Hard plastic where you see yellow, and soft, rubberized plastic everywhere else. Feels great in the hand. The compact design and high-quality plastic build makes the Lasergrip easy to store and use on-the-go. It’s reliable and a perfect tool for contractors and mechanics. It can measure the surface temperature of any object with an accuracy of ±2% or 2℃/℉.
- Instant reading in Celsius or Fahrenheit (Range: -50°C to +380°C / -58°F~716°F)
- Built-in laser for precisely aiming; one 9-volt battery (Included)
- Distance Spot Ratio: 12:1; Emissivity: 0.95(fixed); Response Time: <500ms
- Auto Shut-off & Data Hold Function & Low Battery Indicator & Backlight Display Selection
- Various Usages: Cooking & Baking, HVAC Checking, Automotive Diagnostics, Electrical Troubleshooting and more! FDA, FCC, CE, ROHS approved; 2-Year Warranty by Etekcity
The Fluke 62 MAX infrared thermometers is good at many things; accuracy, distance to spot, adjustable emissivity, and high-low alarms. The Fluke 62 Max is rugged, accurate, easy-to-use test tools are dust, water and drop resistant, making them ideal for the harsh conditions faced by technicians in electrical, service, HVAC, process, industrial and facilities maintenance applications. The construction of the unit is rigid plastic with over-molded rubberized material, which makes it both comfortable to hold and easy to keep a secure grip. It also comes with a sturdy carabiner that fits into a corresponding hole at the base of the grip to allow it to easily clip to a belt loop or tool bag, a nice feature, especially when you need both hands free before using it, such as when climbing a ladder. The Fluke 62 Max has a distance-to-spot ratio of 10:1 and measures temperatures from 30°C to 500°C with an accuracy ± 1.5% of the reading.
- Rugged: 3-meter (9.8-foot) drop tested.
- Dust and water-resistant: IP54 rated for dust and water resistance.
- Ergonomically designed: Completely redesigned for a more natural hand fit.
- Small and lightweight; clips to your tool belt or belt loop or easily fits into your tool box.
- Distance to spot: Precise laser technology makes for more accurate and repeatable measurements.
This non-contact laser thermometer is super easy to use and ready to go right out of the package with the included 9 volt battery, with built in auto shut off after 7 seconds. The infrared thermometer is really easy to use, you simply pull the trigger and aim it at the product you want a temp on. It has settings for Celsius and Fahrenheit as well as a setting that you can put max/ minimum temps for certain recipes that require they are cooked to certain temperatures. It can measure extreme temperatures ranging from -58℉ (-50℃) to 1022℉ (550℃) from a distance without ever having to contact or come close to the hazardous elements. It provides high accuracy of ±2% reading or ±2℃ / 4℉.
- Measures in Celsius or Fahrenheit (-50℃-550℃ / -58℉-1022℉); features a response time of 500 ms, which guarantees an immediate reading; comes with a distance to spot ratio of 12:1 and a fixed emissivity rating of 0.95
- Utilizes advanced technology to aim in different object surfaces with no direct contact; effectively eliminates the potential danger of harmful burns or minor frostbite, for ultimate safety
- LCD Backlit Screen: Consumes low power for energy savings; enables easy and clear readings even in weak light conditions
- Auto Power-Off Function: Runs on one 9V battery (included); supports an auto-off function within 7 seconds to save the battery power
The MeasuPro Laser Infrared Thermometer takes the guesswork out of preheating a grill, skillet, or deep fryer. This tool helps you quickly check the surface temperature. Just point the laser at your intended target and press the trigger for an accurate reading. This infrared thermometer is great for both outdoor and indoor cooking. The MeasuPro Infrared Thermometer is a must have for HVAC professionals with everything you need. To measure heat you can stand at a safe distance using the laser technology to aim at your desired target. The measuring range is from -58°F to 716°F / -50°C to 380°C. The emissivity measures 0.95 and the Distance Spot Ratio is 12:1. It provides instant readings with superior accuracy and has a convenient hold function to lock measurements.
- Infrared temperature gun offers a choice of Celsius or Fahrenheit and option of laser hot spot aiming depending on user preference. Auto Off function will shut off after 7 seconds to preserve battery. Backlight can be turned on or off depending on user preference
- Non contact thermometer safely measure temperatures from-50°C to 380°C (-58°F to 716°F) without having to get in contact with the surface and has a response time <500ms. Temperature gauge is useful for kitchen, automotive and HVAC services along with many others
- Built in laser technology helps ensure the most accurate readings possible. Aim digital thermometer at target surface and press trigger, laser will show exactly where temperature is being measured. Infrared thermometer has a distance to spot size of 12:1
- Heat gun has an ergonomic design with a sweat proof finish and a lightweight of only 147.5 g, holding and using laser thermometer easy. Temperatures are easy to read on the large, backlit LCD display
The Nubee temperature gun is a precision infrared thermometer that has a temperature range of . This range is shifted farther towards the lower end than other thermometers, which can be a huge benefit for those who are trying to measure surfaces that are below freezing. Available in multiple colors and sizes, the Nubee Temperature gun is able to fit many different preferences and criteria required of it.
- It can take the highest temperature of the area tested by scanning and save the data at the bottom of the screen.
- EMS adjustable function: each article has its suitable emissivity, the adjustable emissivity function can make the test more accurate by adjust suitable emissivity for different articles.
- Measures in Celsius or Fahrenheit (Range: -50°C to +380°C /-58 °F to +716°F). Auto Shut-off & Low Battery Indicator, take accurate temperature readings with this handheld gun.
- Red laser pointer for precise aiming, Powered by one 9-volt battery(INCLUDE)