Nature is what I love the most, and you should too… I am sure you are also a nature lover….right? That’s why you are here to know more about its benefits, usages and latest ways to improve your life and live a healthy life.
As a mother of 3 naughty angles at home, a psychology graduate, a keen researcher and a self oriented product guide, I have gone through 10 challenging years of continuous learning and achievement. During these years, I have been trying to keep my home a calm and relaxed place for my family and especially for my kids. I never have encouraged the use of unnecessary medications, pills, relaxation treatments other than nature based ingredients and components taken from around our natural habitat.
I have always tried to help others, find the best solutions for their problems or assist them to find the latest gadgets, appliances that only use nature based products or ingredients or even certain processes that are already around us and can help counter our issues if paired with the latest technological gadgets.
So, here is my latest find based on the nature based alternative methods that can help everybody to live a healthy, pure and calm life with days full of joy and nights having a soothing effect every time you need to relax your nerves. For a nature inspired life this is my second venture, while the first was about exploring the health benefits of the white noise machine in calming nerves and reducing noise based stress.
Quick Comparison Chart
For those who are in hurry can check out the best essential oil diffusers in UK for 2019 in below comparison chart. If you’d like details on any model then read my reviews below.
|Product||Type||Auto Shut off||Operation time||Water Capacity||No of LED lights||Our Rating||Buying Option|
|AMIR 150ML Ultrasonic Aroma Diffuser||Ultrasonic||Yes||4-5 hours||150 ml||7||Check Prices|
|InnoGear 150ML Essential Oil Diffuser||Ultrasonic||Yes||4-5 hours||150 ml||7||Check Prices|
|Essential Oil Diffuser Anjou 300mL Aromatherapy Diffusers||8 hour||300 ml||7||Check Prices|
|VicTsing 150ml Essential Oil Diffuser||Ultrasonic||Yes||5-8 hours||150 ml||14||Check Prices|
|KINGA Essential Oil Diffuser||Ultrasonic||Yes||6-10 hours||300 ml||1||Check Prices|
|Miserwe 550ML Ultrasonic Humidifier Essential Oil||Ultrasonic||Yes||15 hours||550 ml||7||Check Prices|
|ZAQ Dew LiteMist Ultrasonic diffuser||Ultrasonic||Yes||4 hour||80 ml||4||Check Prices|
Let’s start with the introduction and a little about essential oil diffusers and what they can do for you.
What you need to know about essential oil diffuser?
An essential oil diffuser refers to a little gadget, that works to diffuse an aroma oil or essential oil into the air to disperse the aroma along with its natural components.
Though it’s a basic thing, but still I should tell here: diffusion is a process through which anything or element in the form of small particles or vapors can be dispersed to the areas where the concentration of any element is low or may be at zero.
Though, in old times, people use to diffuse essential oils through various methods. These oils were put on a piece of cloth to inhale, or heated gently to diffuse the oil around the room. But as a fact, such methods have limited utility and had a lot of issues. Through these methods people were not able to diffuse the oils for long hours and required consistency.
What we have got today are the essential oil diffusers that come in various forms and features and offer various levels of performances, the volume of the EO diffusion and qualities for the user.
Among the most commonly found diffusers found today include, humidifiers, reed diffusers, nebulizers, ultrasonic diffusers, heat diffusers, etc. All these forms of diffusers are preferred for various uses and the amount of EO that is required to be diffused in the air.
There are different essential oils that help the body with many ailments naturally. For instance, lavender is one of the best essential oils for relaxation and natural stress relief. Achieving stress relief naturally can be so much easier and lasting with a good essential oil diffuser.
Top rated essential oil diffusers in UK 2018
I have picked 6 of the most reliable Ultrasonic oil diffusers which are trusted by customers and have got the maximum abilities you might have been looking for.
I have tried to give you my opinion as a fact I have searched a lot and analyzed them carefully. Hope you will find it helpful.
A brief intro about various forms of diffusers:
Reed diffusers: uses reeds dipped in the mixture of Eos and diffuses the oils into the air.
Heating diffusers: heat the EOs to diffuse them in the air(the process harms the chemical composition of the essential oils and may not entertain you to enjoy all the EO health benefits you can avail otherwise). Only benefit via scent of the EOs.
Ultrasonic diffusers: uses ultrasonic frequencies vibrate the container’s base where you have placed the EO mixture and that causes the micro particles of water and the EOs to get diffused in the air.
Humidifiers: humidifiers are the diffusers that causes heavy diffusion of water molecules along EOs and the heavy steam comes out of the diffuser. Not suitable when you are living in humid conditions.
Nebulizers: nebulizers make use of steam passing above the essential oil reservoir and create and aromatic steam. These are best for inhaling purpose in winters for blocked nose, skin issues and allergy treatments. Not best for continuous usage because it will increase humidity levels and are not beneficial in the summers or humid conditions.
Incense: Incenses are also used to create a soothing environment through fabulous fragrances extracted from natural sources, i.e plants, herbs and flowers. The incense that consists of EO extracts as their scent, are good for the purpose to spread a soothing smell around, but cannot diffuse the EOs in its natural form as they use heat to spread the scent.
Now skipping through these types, I’d like to give you an idea about how and why one is better than all of these types. Though all of these have their own uses and benefits for particular circumstances, but one type is the KING of all, because all uses and benefits are covered by the one I am referring to. It is the ultrasonic diffusers I am talking about.
Here is why you should buy an ultrasonic diffuser instead of other EO diffusion methods:
If you have got a best essential oil diffuser in your hand, you will be able to enjoy all the benefits, that you might be able to avail by using multiple diffuser types that I already have discussed.
You may know the following facts about using an essential oil diffuser:
- You can use an ultrasonic diffuser as a humidifier as it creates a mist while diffusing the oils.
- You can use it as a nebulizer by selecting its heavy diffusion mode (if offered by the product you have got)
- You can use it in place of reed diffusers as they will give you a continuous scent around you without using heat
Why should I buy an essential oil diffuser machine?
Why you should do this? Why you should not use other ways to diffuse EOs, when you have a essential oil diffuser? Here are the reasons:
Ultrasonic essential oil diffusers don’t heat EOs, do they would not change or alter its natural composition and you can benefit from all the healthy components the oil has.
- They can be used in any weather, atmospheric or climatic conditions as you can control the amount of mist produced.
- You can use the ultrasonic diffusers again and again while some of the other methods like reeds, and incense may require continuous disposal of old units and placing new ones.
- Ultrasonic diffusers come with added features like lights and sounds which make it a multifaceted gadget and will serve even better and can serve in varied conditions, playing many roles, like as a night light, a sound conditioner, etc.
- They are easy to carry, easy to operate and also can be maintained and cleaned for a long time usage.
What to look for when buying an essential oil diffuser
There are hundreds if not thousands of essential oil diffusers you can choose from that cost anywhere from £10 to £100 or more. Also People have different tastes when buying. However; there are common standards which one needs to observe when buying. Some of these include;
- Airflow – First and foremost, you need to make sure that you get a diffuser that offers the best airflow. If the airflow is limited, it is going to have a tough time releasing the aromas from the atmosphere. Make sure that air is capable of flowing through the tubes effortlessly.
- Safety – It is also a good idea to invest in a diffuser with plenty of safety features. Make sure that your product of choice comes with a time and auto shut off feature. This will keep you safe and prevent the unit from burning out if it is left on.
- The essential oil to be used on the diffuser – the inability of nebulizers to work on thick oils makes this factor worth consideration. In some cases, the essential oil may have very strong scent which may move faster unlike if the scent is weaker.
- When to be used – you need to consider whether the diffuser is to bed used at night or during the day. Cold air diffusers may be ideal for daytime, especially in winter. The period the diffuser takes when running will be a factor here as well.
- The room – for larger rooms, buying a powerful diffuser may not be an option. These sizes of spaces also require the use of stronger essential oils. However smaller rooms may not require much.
- The balance of the olfactory fatigue – in aromatherapy, the use of essential oils is common. The oils may at one point become accustomed to the body to an extent of the body forming resistance. This may not aid aromatherapy at any time in future.
The diffuser choice therefore needs to be carefully selected to ensure that only suitable amounts are diffused, not too high yet not very low to avoid such an occurrence.
Where and how shall I find a best essential oil diffuser?
You can find a perfect ultrasonic essential oil diffuser online. But make sure you find and pick the right one manufactured by one of the top rated manufacturers of essential oil diffusers. If you are not sure how to pick the essential oil diffuser, you should read further:
Your hunt start now!
You should make a list of features you need before you explore through the products. List the features. If you are not aware what you need to check, here is a list of important features you should see in an essential oils diffuser.
- Quietness should be below 35 db
- Size and style
- Type, ionizer, humidifier, diffuser only or multipurpose
- The quality of mist produced
- Ability to be used for various types of essential oils, like citrus oils and light oils, etc.
- Operational options: high medium low. Light only, mist only and hourly settings
- Preset function: automatic timers and auto shut-off features
- Water capacity, according to the area you need to cover
Find a reliable online store. Though there are many, but I love AMAZON, because of its wide range of trusted products and reliable purchasing and return policies. It is up to you what source you use to purchase your product, I am only sharing what I know as the best and safest option for everyone.
Go to the store and type into your query “essential oil diffuser or “best essential oil diffuser”
You will get a list of diffuser products on your screen. Now, you must be feeling overwhelmed to see so many options and each of it would seem perfect to buy. But it is not true. Not each of the best options you have would be perfect for you.
Make sure you don’t compromise on the quality of the product and also how well it matches your needs. So what to do? Here is your guide:
- Shortlist the diffusers on the basis of the best reviews and experiences. Make sure you only consider the product that has a higher number of verified purchasers (indicated on amazon) with a positive experience.
- Analyze the features of the shortlisted products and pick the one that has all the features you need. We have given a list above. You can select the features you actually need.
- You will end up with a few of the diffusers you that are close to your requirements. You can narrow down your search by analyzing some other features like, best brand, price, designs and looks, etc.
After selecting the one you like the most, add it to your cart and proceed through the next steps as required. That is all, your diffuser will arrive with all the exciting features it has got.
Tips to use essential oil diffusers in a safe way:
Some facts are very important to know for essential oil diffusers, but unfortunately they have been ignored by most of the users who don’t have enough knowledge about these little machines. Here are a few things that would help you run your diffuser safely:
- Always place your diffuser on a stable, sturdy and plain surface.
- Run your diffuser on a consistent power supply.
- Never fill the water container too high or above the water level mark.
- Clean your diffuser on a regular basis.
- Never wash the diffuser under a water tap, rather use a damp cloth to clean it off.
- Use the type of essential oils that are recommended or are suitable to be used in the particular diffuser as prescribed by the manufacturer.
- Always choose a diffuser that can create enough mist for a given area. As if you use a low capacity diffuser for a large area or room space, it would give you the best results.
I have put forth all my efforts and research on these ultrasonic diffusers and intend to give my readers a helpful guide and advice to make sure you have got the right diffuser in your hand. In case you have any questions you can ask me for more help and find your best essential oil diffuser. I’ll keep this page updated as I continue my research on these products and will keep on adding whatever I find helpful for my readers. So stay in touch and enjoy nature at your home.
Nicole is mother of three, an enthusiast for living life in a natural, organic and healthy way. She seeks out methods, recipes and products aligned with these values and shares them here.